|WHO WE ARE - Financial Report
EmpowHER India Foundation
is dedicated to the efficient and effective use of donor funds. Therefore we staff our board of trustees and program directors with volunteers, who have agreed to work without any financial compensation. In this way we ensure that 100% of donor funds are used to change lives at the village level. We are also very conscious of the need to keep office expenses to a minimum, and we feel that we have been successful in doing so.
We feel that we owe all our donors a full accounting of the way donor money is spent. The information contained in this page is designed to give you a complete account of expenses incurred in the implementation of our various program initiatives.
We have not included capital expenditures, which we are currently funding out of the SKS Chakshu Foundation’s corpus. These expenses are occasioned when we expand the capital facilities already in place, or need to put in place the physical infrastructure to initiate a new program or project.
We are eager to expand the scale and scope of our activities. However, we also understand the need to be prudent managers of the funds made available to us by our donors. Therefore we try and ensure that we can sustain all activities for the long term, before we make a commitment to undertake them.
We have tried to give you a detailed account of the scope and scale of our current activities. But we encourage you to contact us by email
call us on +91 - 22 - 2496 3665 / +91 - 22 - 2496 6377
in case there are any questions that you would like us to address.
(As of July, 2017)
FUND UTILIZATION (EXPENDITURES)
IMPORTANT NOTICE : At the present moment we are in the process of approval of the name change to empowHER India. So from a legal standpoint, the financial information contained here should be understood to be that of SKS Chakshu Foundation.
Any shortfall in donations are met by rent & interest income, as well as withdrawals from Corpus fund Reserves.
We really appreciate your donations, as they help us to sustain and expand our programs.
1. WOMEN'S SELF HELP GROUP
- Federation of 276 Self Help Groups (SHGs) created
- enrolment of about 2,786 women members
- Staffing - 1 Director supported by 1 Head Ops.,2 Admins, 3 Field Sr. staff, 4 Jankars & 7 Jankar Sakhis
- members are provided loans for micro business, children's education, personal loans
- inculcating the habit of regular savings amongst the members
- Conducts training programs - tailoring, accounting, legal, health, civic matters & counsellings
- Conducts Livelihood Programs of various Income Generation Activities for the SHG members
- Conducts awareness programs - advocating the benefits of using toilets instead of openspaces
2. HEALTH & SANITATION PROJECT / PROGRAM
- As on date 1,488 toilet blocks constructed
- Includes 40% allocation of program executives salary expense
- We run a Semi-English Medium School situated at village Shivkar in Panvel Taluka
- Student enrolment - 449 students inclasses from Standard 5 to 10 (SSC Board)
- I.B.T (Introduction to Basic Technologies) program introduce students to 24 basic vocational skills
- facilitates students in securing admission to professional certification programs at ITI
- The school has a fully equipped 30 seater computer-room, science lab, library, hall-room
- Separate toilets provided for girls, boys and teachers.
- Have trainers for sports, dance, e-learning & computer training.